The Guyana Conservation Network (GuyCoN) is a shared resource for conservation practitioners and academic researchers working on conservation in Guyana. GuyCoN has been established to provide resources, and enhance communication among the conservation community in Guyana.
Now that a North American and European ban on mercury exports is in place, Environment and Natural Resources Minister Robert Persaud was quoted in the media as saying that it could be up to ten years before the local mining sector … Continue reading
Under the COBRA (Community Owned Best practice for sustainable Resource Adaptive management in the Guiana Shield, South America) project, communities of the North Rupununi have made a video highlighting the importance of their forests for their livelihoods. The film which was produced, written an edited by the community members demonstrates the excellent work of project COBRA.
- New study details the diverse reptiles and amphibians in Guyana
- Guyana pledges to protect jaguars
- Protected areas system gets boost
- A Rumble in the Jungle
- New Iwokrama Board chairman
- Dung beetle key launched
- GuyCoN launched
- Multimillion dollar fund launched to protect Guyana’s forests
- Independent forest monitoring in Guyana